A Taste of Lucian HistoryCastries St. Lucia
Description: Enjoy an authentic St. Lucian Experience blending the past and present as you see, taste and smell the flavors of the island. Travel back in time as you view the ancient "Platene" used in the making of sugar, and farine, a by-product of Cassava used in Amerindian dishes. See an old styled fowl coop (hen house), an outdoor cooking fireplace and an outdoor stone oven used for baking bread. Discover the secrets of local coconut oil and Bay Rum, a by-product of the Bay Leaf. Savor a variety of tropical fruits, island treats and delicacies, enjoy a local rum tasting and much more. This is a truly interactive experience which showcases the island and offers an insight into St. Lucia and its people.
· Learn about the history of food in St. Lucia
· Sample tropical fruits and local delicacies
· Enjoy a local rum tasting
2:00 hours approx.
What to Bring:
- Change of Clothes
- Insect Repellent
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not accessible for the physically challenged
- Not recommended for people with back problems or who have had a recent back surgery
- Not handicapped accessible